Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pressure

The Waterjet needed some fixin’ this week, so Dean and I took to replacing the seals on the high pressure water side of the dual-actuator. After completing the job, I commenced to starting it up to make sure the repairs were proper. Seemed it had a hard time getting to pressure, and that when it was, it couldn’t keep it. Next day I started examining the system and came up with a possible solution at a couple of suspicious areas. After checking to see if we had a leak coming out of one of the hoses, I said that the pressure relief valve was highly suspicious. The boss got involved and actually rolled up his sleeves to wrench on the system. We replaced the 3-way connector block with a 2-way and bypassed the valve. Success! We’ll have a repair kit here in no time for the valve.

I’m prone to relate things that I go though in life to my walk with God. What is it that He tried to tell me throughout my day? This day He taught me about where my pressure needs to go. It’s a given that we have pressure….from our jobs, our family situations, money, health, schedules…we all have pressure. If we don’t deal with it properly, if we don’t have someplace that when the pressure builds we can exhaust, we’ll inevitably keep it in, or give it to someone else. Then it becomes someone else’s pressure. God is ultimately the One that can handle our pressure. We can daily, hourly, go to Him in prayer and relieve the pressure that is building.

Look for the lessons He is trying to give you. It may be something small, like a pressure relief valve, but it can de extremely dangerous to everyone around if you don’t listen and act as you should!

No comments: